How the day unfolded

Craig's mother's pearls.
Craig washed the bus and I sent off photos for a magazine article.

It seems like an odd way to start your wedding day, but the bus was going to star in the wedding photos and I had a deadline.

On the whole, though, we had a leisurely and lovely day, involving brunch, hair and makeup sessions for the girls and an interrupted attempt at a quiet beer for the boys (they’d just had their first sip when they got a text saying we were ready to be picked up).

We had a registry office wedding at the Napier District Court, with Glenis and Brett as our witnesses. The registrar was lovely and we were the 100th wedding at that office in 2011.
First married kiss.

We then travelled out to Clearview Estate, where the bus was waiting, for more champagne and photos.
Us and bus.
Us, bus and bubbles!




Dinner in the restaurant at Clearview was pizza and (gorgeous) wine, then Glenis and Brett stayed in a cottage on the vineyard while we spent the night in the bus.


On happy ground.


7 comments:

  1. I just love your photos and your whole day but please tell us... when was this planned and who knew in advance? For us on the outside it came as such a wonderful surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Your photos are just utterly beautiful. So happy!

    I LOVE that your photos just look pure and full of love, as if the day is really just all about you guys celebrating your love together. So many weddings these days are about what all the rest of the family wants too, not just the bride and groom, so these are very refreshing and as I said.. utterly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Kate, and love the photos and the fact it was all about you both. A very special day and a beautiful one.

    I sort of knew in advance you would have your day, I just wasn't sure when!

    Sue - you look just amazing and so very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You both look so happy, it looks like a wonderful day & I wish you both the best for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photo's are gorgeous, I love your dress.

    What a surprise! AND you were in Napier, I could have stood outside and thrown confetti all over the both of you.....hahahahaha.

    CONGRATULATIONS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations again Sue and Craig - what a delightful, happy and love-filled day. The photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you looked beautiful, Craig looked dashingly handsome and I havent seen two people so in love for a long time.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete