What's in a name?

13 March 2011

It's a thorny issue, this naming of your bus/motorhome. I actually don't like the idea of a name at all - there are just so many corny names around, the cringe factor is too high. And, yes, I know that statement makes me come off as a snob.

Having said that, it's a very personal thing, and what seems corny to me might have an awful lot of meaning to the people who named it. And there are some great names around, too - The OKs is one of the best we've seen.

So, a compromise has been reached. Our bus doesn't have a name, it has a title. Yep, splitting hairs, but that's how I can handle it in my head.

And the title is, of course, On happy ground.

It's the title of a Pete Murray song. The first few lines are:
Happy days are coming my way,
It's been some time but here to stay
Is the life of love I've found
Sends me up on happy ground.

6 comments:

  1. Oh I love that title... surely you could put it on the bus somewhere without it being corny? I think it is the least corny name around. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Names - all a personal choice. I like what you have picked as a title.

    I think I wrote about this in my blog, I saw a camper / bus parked ont he side of the road, puncture I think and the owners were scratching their heads. The name of that bus "Wai Worry"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. I know what you mean about the corny names - people name their beach houses, their boats, and their vacations homes such silly things. This is a perfect solution.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that. I see some of the names on campers, busses, baches etc & cringe too. Too many cliches.

    On Happy Ground is both a title & a good way of describing your new lifestyle I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. excellent choice Sue and Craig

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was the song on your wedding slide show wasnt it? Must have a proper listen to it. And by the way it is a perfect name for your beautiful bus.

    ReplyDelete