Without work

2 August 2010

Today is my first day of not working. And I feel - fine. I don't have that twitchy feeling like I should be somewhere; I don't even keep checking my phone for messages and emails.

Mum and Dad rang this morning, just to make sure I was out of bed. No problems there - if I don't get up in the morning, there's no way Craig will get up and go to work.

Dad told me about his first day of retirement (he was a school principal and retired at 60). He walked down to get the paper, going the beach way because it was a nice day. And he realised he could just keep walking if he wanted to. Then he went home, read the paper and had a coffee. When he looked at his watch it was 10.30 - and he hadn't had to answer a hundred stupid questions.

People keep asking me what I'm going to do with myself. I think I might just try standing still for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment